AVP, Quality Control Analyst
Financial Crimes Compliance
Long Island City, NY
The Governance and Controls Unit (GCU) is a sub-unit team within Apple Bank for Savings’ (the Bank) FCC Department. The GCU is a second line function that acts as a primary subject matter expert (SME) concerning all FCC governance documentation (e.g., policies, procedures, charters), management information analytics and reporting, management and oversight of Internal Audit requests, execution of independent control testing for FCC, and working with FCC sub-units to enhance procedures and review controls across FCC. The Assistant Vice President (AVP), Quality Control is a member of the GCU and is responsible for the daily quality control functions within the FCC sub-unit.
Specifically, the AVP, Quality Control Analyst will act as a standalone function to complete Quality Control Reviews (QCR) and/or Quality Assurance Reviews (QAR) of key FCC deliverables from other sub-units, including the Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) Form created by the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU). Additionally, as needed, the individual will focus on other GCU projects to ensure its sub-units are operating efficiently, and understand and comply with the Bank's BSA/AML and OFAC Sanctions Policy and related sub-unit procedures.
The AVP, Quality Control Analyst will:
- Oversee the day-to-day QCR/QAR on SAR-related processes and Enhanced Due Diligence Customer Monitoring reviews for accuracy and efficiency; perform root cause analyses and help formulate recommendations for enhancement.
- Assist with the development of a minimum standard for tracking performance based on established performance measures for SAR completion.
- Act as a SME on FIU processes as it relates to SAR filing policies, procedures and escalation standards.
- Maintain a high degree of relevant knowledge with respect to BSA/AML laws and regulations, especially those related to SAR completion and filing requirements.
- Develop and track relevant SAR quality metrics and report those metrics to the BSA Officer and other stakeholders.
- Provide training and coaching to other FCC sub-units based on the results of the QCR/QAR process.
- Analyze QCR/QAR results for key themes and trends to assist with the reporting of findings and recommendations to FCC sub-units.
- Compile management information analytics for reporting to management, as directed by the FVP, Head of Governance and Controls.
- Assist in the onboarding of new hires by guiding their transition through knowledge transfer, closely tracking their progress and serving as a first line in answering questions and sharing internal institutional information about the Bank. Apply independent judgment in the identification and escalation of key BSA/AML/OFAC risks.
- Display a high level of professional aptitude and standards .
- Recommend improvements to process in areas of efficiency, control, and work product.
- Participate in committee meetings, as necessary.
- Perform ad-hoc and project support, as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in banking compliance or internal audit, with a strong emphasis on BSA/AML regulations and requirements preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in SAR preparation and filing preferred.
- An undergraduate degree. Please note, a CAMS certification and/or other industry risk management certification is not required but is a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills with strong focus on attention to detail.
- The ability to work effectively in a team-fostered, multi-tasking environment.
Apple Bank offers Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Tuition Reimbursement and more, to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.