AVP- Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery Specialist -New York, NY
Apple Bank for Savings maintains a Business Continuity Management (BCM) program to protect the organization in the event of a catastrophic interruption to its business operations, technology, and facilities. The Bank's BCM philosophy is to provide cost-effective business continuity strategies for the organization’s employees, its critical business functions, clients and shareholders.
The Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery Analyst is responsible for assisting with the development, administration, maintenance and execution of all aspects of the Enterprise Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery program in partnership with business unit representatives, as well as participation in the execution of crisis management and communication protocols during events that may impair normal business operations. Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Business Continuity Planning:
- Coordinate the development, maintenance, testing and documentation of business resiliency program including Risk Assessments, Business Impact Analysis, Department Planning, Business Continuity Plans, and development of functional drills and exercises.
- Share responsibility for ensuring constant awareness of any event that may impair normal operations or represent a threat to customers or associates, and effectively obtain, validate and communicate information regarding these events.
- Support Enterprise response and impact mitigation of any business impairment event by effectively partnering with business units, as directed, in utilizing established methodologies for Planning & Preparation, Response, Recovery and After-Action.
Applications and Systems:
- Develop technical expertise and skills necessary to serve as subject-matter-expert for administration, maintenance, enhancement and training relative to the software applications utilized by the Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery business group.
Training and Education:
- Assist with the development training and education projects related to Business Continuity/ Disaster Recovery program components and/or evolving threats that may impact operations within the organization.
Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery Exercises
- Coordinate the development of overall drill and exercise procedures to ensure the effectiveness of the BC Plan and DR Plan, Conduct drills and exercises in cooperation with the relevant departments. Document the results of drills and exercises and develop recommendations for improvements based on the analysis of these results
- Assist in the resolution of audit issues, regulatory issues and open and close self-identified issues for BCM
- Remain current on industry standards by continuing education, reading publications, networking with peers and joining professional groups.
- Participate in various Bank technical committees to assist with interpretation of regulations and related requirements to business continuity/disaster recovery issues, attend all staff meetings to resolve organizational issues.
- Explore new, innovative opportunities to add value to position.
- Perform other duties as requested
Skills, Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree required.
- 7+ years of experience in a similar BCM role working in a regulated banking or financial services environment.
- Professional Certification designation; e.g., DRII-Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP)/BCI-Certificate of the Business Continuity Institute (CBCI)
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge on FFIEC Guidelines
- Understanding of risk assessment and mitigation.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills with proven ability to foster strong relationships.
- Detail-oriented and well organized.
- Decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Excellent research, and reporting skills.
- MS Office, MS Visio
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental, Vision, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.