What you will do:
The A/R Operational Manager position will identify, monitor, analyze and report key financial metrics relating to all Accounts Receivable transactions. This Includes developing and managing all departmental analysis and reporting for submission to Executive Management. In addition, the position will manage all airtime related transactions. The Incumbent will engage, manage and work directly with all clients' Accounts Receivable staff to improve the activities of the client's hardware account and minimize deductions, which accounts for 45% of the company's total revenue.
- Ensures accurate, efficient, and timely financial reporting, analysis, and processing. Involved with the month-end accounting close process for the Accts. Receivable responsibilities. Responsibilities include: journalize and reconcile all Accts Receivable balance sheet accounts as required by corporate policy & SOX processes. Prepare and provide all Accounts Receivable financial reports for client, as required by corporate processes. Confirms the accuracy and integrity of credit memos issued above a specific threshold, Audits and approves credit memos according to policy to ensure their authenticity. This includes reviewing accounts charged analyzing based on type of credit.
- Supervises the client Specialists and any consultants within all Accounts Receivable functions and assist with coordinating activities required to ensure the account is current. Functions include: Auditing credit memos according to policy to ensure their authenticity. This includes reviewing accounts charged analyzing based on type of credit.
- Manage the Channel Revenue Management Module, making changes as needed to increase efficiency and accuracy. Monitor and enhance the Returns and Reconciliation Program to increase cost savings and provide detailed reporting for customer returns. This responsibility is not limited to client returns, rather to all customer Returns.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-6 years related experience in account management analysis and management, corporate accounting and/or financial analysis
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong Excel reporting and data analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the client retail operations and Credit & Collections preferred
- Must be detail oriented, a strategic thinker, and a problem solver. Must have strong creative, analytical, strategic, leadership and people skills.
- Experience of MS Excel, Access and ten key proficient.
- Experience in designing SQL reporting.
- Experience of Oracle Financials (Accounts Receivable and Channel)