- Set-up delinquency and adjustment files/maintain files (per account list)
- Collection Billing and filing as necessary
- Deposits as assigned
- Update delinquency spreadsheets for board packets 2 weeks prior to the board meeting (per meeting schedule)
- Follow-up with managers
- Obtain general and executive session minutes from managers or from the computer
•Process non-delinquent and delinquent payments
•Process incorrect payments
•Research problem payments
•Notify homeowner's of the correct remittance address
•Cash receipt processing
•Authorize walk-in payments/cover lunch hour on designated days
•Process miscellaneous debits/credits
•Process non-delinquent and delinquent returned checks and online payments
- Pre Lien Processing
•Send pre lien letters
•Send balance due letters/update owner remarks
- Lien Processing
•Prepare liens and letters
•Send lien balance due letter
•Release liens & send letter to homeowner
•Obtain authorization to commence foreclosure (executive session minutes)
•Prepare file and send to the trustee/attorney
•Monitor status reports and interface with trustee/attorney
•Furnish Board with authorization to Publish Notice of Trustee Sale
•Set up REO accounts and HOA owned accounts
- Small Claims
•Prepare Plaintiff's Claim
•Process adjustment, update remarks and copy all payments
•Set-up small claims file
•Process follow up work to collect judgment
•Notify court regarding a default on a payment plan
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications of the Accounts Receivable Associate:
- Ability to multitask
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Proficient in the Microsoft Suite Programs
- Strong efficiency in Excel
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- At least 1 year of experience working in an Accounting related role.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- High School Diploma required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in English.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exhibit professionalism, professional attire, and demeanor at all times.
- Ability to sit, stand, and operate business equipment.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member would encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Typical office environment with low level noise exposure.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.