SNI Technology's client is seeking to hire an API Integration Engineer for an exciting contract-to-hire opportunity located in the Denver Tech Center.
The API Integration Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, maintenance, and documentation of interfaces among internal systems and to external 3rd party vendor systems. Responsibility will include using the PHP platform to build API's and integrations while working with other development teams across the organization to ensure high availability, accuracy, and performance.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design, develop and document new or upgrade existing APIs as part of our platform for internal and external integration
- Provide expertise and knowledge around integration strategies. Build and unit test integration components
- Work with the business partners/external vendors to understand functional and technical requirements and develop an architecture in support of those requirements
- Access API documentation and build out those components.
- Keep informed in the latest technology trends in the areas of integration, API management, data management platforms and marketing automation
Experience necessary for effective job performance:
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in API and Microservices integrations
- Experience with PHP and/or Java; Laravel is a plus to have
- Strong API and technical integration development skills.
- Experience writing, testing and implementing API's.
- Strong knowledge of XML, XSLT, JSON, REST/SOAP services.
- Experience with end to end workflow and mapping of integration services.
- Working knowledge of SOA and Integration Patterns.
- Experience with building REST APIs.
- Solid testing knowledge.
- Strong experience in building processes, managing/deploying/supporting API's, and leveraging common frameworks such as message queuing, caching, complex mapping and scripting.
- Experience with DevOps pipeline integration & CI/CD would be a plus to have
- Requires experience creating scalable and secure APIs for use by 3rd party vendors
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and many cross-team dependencies