Growing equipment distributor in Dallas is seeking an Accounts Payable specialist to begin immediately! Apply now for immediate consideration.
This position is responsible for providing accounting and clerical support to the Accounting Department, facilitating outstanding accounting experiences, and maintaining account document files. Also responsible for printing AP checks and mailing when appropriate.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Pays vendors by monitoring necessary approvals, resolving purchase order discrepancies, payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos.
2. Reconcile vendor statements and assume responsibility for effectively researching, tracking, and resolving accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
3. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with vendors; maintains regular contact with other departments to obtain and convey information and/or to correct invoice transactions.
4. Submit updates to maintain vendor database and account payable vendor files
5. Serves as a telephone back-up to the Executive Assistant as needed.
6. Performs other related duties as assigned
Basic Knowledge & Competencies:
* Excellent Customer Service and multi-tasking skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Detail oriented; accuracy is imperative
* Ability to be an effective team member and display initiative
* Proficient in Microsoft Office tools, including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel
* High school graduate required
* Degree in Accounting preferred, but not required
* One year of previous related experience preferred
* Working conditions are normal for an office environment
* Ability to lift up to 20 pounds