AP Lead: Individual is responsible for ensuring that information processed through accounts payable is documented, approved and in a format that can be processed. Provides training to the internal staff as deemed necessary. In conjunction with the Accounts Payable Manager, lead and direct the work of the Accounts Payable team.
- Reviews and processes Accounts Payable invoices, check requests, purse payouts and expense reports for proper supporting documentation, approvals, adequacy of reporting and appropriateness of tax recording.
- Answers account payable inquiries; research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues. Assists team members with escalated issues.
- Communicates with co-workers, management, vendors and others
- Trains, assists and mentors Accounts Payable processors.
- Assists with review of team members' data input.
- Maintains knowledge of Sales and Use tax.
- Self-assess tax on a vendor invoice as applicable.
- Leads quarterly review for annual 1099-MISC reporting
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+yrs of expereince
- Bachelors in Accounting or equal experience in the field
- Strong communication skills and a high degree of professionalism
- Strong technical skills including Advanced Excel - REQUIRED
- Preferred bi-lingual
- Preferred experience with Oracle or similar