Determine the appropriate level of Allowance for Loan Losses (ALLL) for select Consumer loan portfolios and document the assumptions. Analyze and document the effects of internal and external factors on the loan portfolios, ALLL, and related credit quality metrics. Execute adequate controls for the preparation and recording of the ALLL. Prepare analyses and presentations for Senior Management and the Board of Directors.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead the development of an appropriate quarterly level of ALLL (quantitative & qualitative) for selected loan portfolios by developing an understanding of the key methodology assumptions and risk drivers.
- Develop and document analyses which compare reserve estimates to prior periods and highlight key variance drivers.
- Support the quarterly process by preparing sections of the quarterly ALLL documentation and other select ALLL exhibits and analyses.
- Keep current on ALLL regulatory and accounting developments.
- Assist in the preparation of the short and long-term asset quality forecasts, and recommend forecast refinements to ensure credible and defensible KeyCorp forecasts.
- Alert senior managers to emerging asset quality trends.
- Represent the department on various corporate-wide committees.
- Work closely with the Senior Credit and Finance Executives to understand the impact of broader internal/external initiatives/trends/procedures on the ALLL and the asset quality forecasts.
- Prepare presentations for Senior Management, including the Chirf Financial Officer, Chief Risk Officer and Board of Directors.
- Minimize surprises and promote effective, timely and consistent communication to peers and superiors.
- Develop process calendars and work with manager to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ensure accountability and document procedures and controls.
- Effectively manage risks and rewards.
MARGINAL OR PERIPHERAL FUNCTIONS
Prepare ad-hoc projects and analyses
Assist in Risk Management projects and initiatives
Present process improvement ideas
Assist in training of new employees
Back up other employees
Bachelor’s Degree (Math/Statistics, Economics, Finance, or related degree preferred)
Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including Excel and PowerPoint
Credit or Related Finance Experience - 2 years or more
Experience preparing analyses for and communicating with Senior Management
SAS a plus
MBA a plus
Experience with quantitative modeling or forecasting a plus
Database and Loan system knowledge (including CL3, Loan IQ, Hogan, ALS)
Knowledge of Cognos, KART, General Ledger and KEIS
KeyCorp's roots trace back 190 years to Albany, New York. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Key is one of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $134.5 billion at March 31, 2017. Key provides deposit, lending, cash management, insurance, and investment services to individuals and businesses in 15 states under the name KeyBank National Association through a network of more than 1,200 branches and more than 1,500 ATMs. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications, and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name. KeyBank is Member FDIC.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS:
KeyBank has administrative services in place that help support the business. These include: Finance, Human Resources, Legal, and Marketing. KeyBank’s Corporate Center supports strategic initiatives through multiple teams which provide distinctly different, yet interrelated, disciplines for the Corporate Bank Leadership team and its business groups.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.