PenFed is now accepting applications for our 2018 Summer College Internship Program based in McLean, Alexandria, Reston and Chantilly, Virginia.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2018
The PenFed 2018 Summer College Internship Program is an exclusive, 9-week intensive program that provides college students hands-on business aptitude skills development.
We are seeking detail-oriented and highly-motivated undergraduate students in two main fields of study:
- Information Technology
Interns will be assigned to various projects in multiple departments based on the intern’s major. As part of the program, interns will be exposed to a variety of management processes, routines, and governance needed to operate a credit union. Interns will have the opportunity to meet directly with our Executive team and learn from industry experts. All interns will also collaborate on a joint intern project and at the conclusion of the program, conduct an executive presentation.
Types of projects may include:
- Finance Department
- Quantitative Modeling- data analysis and reporting
- Investment security portfolio
- Data extraction/organization/profiling/reconciliation lifecycle
- Data mining and MIS for Card Analytics and Payment Fraud
- Financial forecasting
- Information Technology
- Cyber Security Project Management
- Data Analytics – vulnerability management
- IT/Security fundamentals
- UX/UI - Digital innovation
- Audit reviews and testing
- Marketing Department
- Marketing and social initiatives
- Public Relations
- Human Resources
- Training and development
- Business Requirements
- Test Plans/Cases
For Business/Finance interns:
- Current undergraduate students with a major or concentration in Business Administration, Business Operations, Economics, Statistics, Marketing, Legal Studies, Management, Finance, Accounting, Psychology, Political Science and Communications
- Desired skills depending on project: Excel, Tablaeu, SAS, SQL
• For Information Technology interns:
- Current undergraduate students with a major or concentration in software development, computer science, information system, IT management, cyber security or any IT related majors
- Desired skills depending on project: Java, .net, PHP, Python, PEARL, Websphere, IIS, JBoss, HTML, CSS, Angular, Node, VMware, AWS, Cisco, Splunk
PenFed 2018 Summer College Internship Program Qualifications
• Enrolled in a four-year institution
• Minimum of 60+ credits
• Rising seniors will be given preference
• Professional attitude and demeanor
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
• Desire to work in a corporate and business setting
• Innovation and strong problem-solving skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively
• Excellent client service mindset and attitude
• ROTC and Military Reservist students strongly encouraged to apply
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.